Wednesday, August 6, 2008

If I didn't have my trust in God...

Sean is coming home. He left two weeks and two days ago. This fire seemed like it was longer than the other fires.

He called me last night from the hotel they were staying at (in route home) and opened up like this, "I have something to tell you..."

He then told me that earlier that day (Tuesday) a helicopter went down.. it was carrying 14 firefighters. Only 4 have survived and are in critical condition. He also told me that that EXACT helicopter was the one that had been transporting HIS crew around this fire. He knew the pilot, he had sat in it, been traveling in it... He could have been in that copper...

If I didn't have my trust in God I could sit up every night, all night, thinking about the dangers that Sean faces everyday... If I didn't have my trust in God, I don't know if I could think about marrying Sean, and having kids with Sean... But I do have my trust in God, and I am so thankful that I don't have to be strong enough to carry those worries around with me day after day. I gave this relationship to God at its beginning, and I plan to leave it there at His feet day after day, for as long as God blesses me with Sean. Knowing that whatever comes, God is my rock and He will take care of me.

3 comments:

Dan and Sarah said...

you rock Suzy!! Praise God Sean is ok!

Monique said...

Hey Suzy! Saw you at church today with the boy from a distance and noticed people were congratulating you and looking at your hand! Soooo congratulations as I'm sure you have finally gotten engaged! How awesome!

Also we should get together now that I'm in your neck of the woods. Talk to you soon!

Cathi Hamen said...

I love it! I love hearing how solid you are in the Lord!! what happen to the lil girl with blonde curly pig tails in the nursery??? i guess we will have wait to see Susie jr!
I am so excited for you and Sean to begin your life together! YEAH!!! congrats girl!