Monday, August 11, 2008

8/8/08 -- Engaged!!

Well.. As most of you know.. We're engaged!! I can't ever put into words how blessed I am because Sean is in my life. Now we are preparing to begin our life together as husband and wife!! Ahh.. just saying that makes me smile... we have been talking about this, and praying for a while now, and its finally here, and it feels sooooo good!!

So here is the story, in all its adorable, cute, cheesey goodness :)

He took me to dinner at Villa Nova in Newport Beach, we sat upstairs on the patio overlooking the bay... it was beautiful... and the food was fantastic!! As the people below were passing by on their romantic gondola rides, Sean commented on how lame it was and those people are super cheesey...

After dinner, we drove over the the Lido Marina Village, and got on a gondola of our own :) haha.. "Who's cheesey now??"

When we were getting to the point on our cruise of turning a corner, the gondolier asked me if I could get the bottle out of the water, "Some kids put messages in bottles and they think it cute, but its bad for the bay when they get left here."

After I got it out (took me two trys -- crazy ducks!!) Sean told me to open it and read the note. It was a beautiful poem that his dad wrote about us for us, and it was just perfect, which is why at this point I TOTALLY LOST IT!! and through my tears I saw Sean getting down on one knee ( in the gondola) and told me how much he loved me and wanted me to marry me and be with me... insert more tears here..

Of course, I said YES!! and then he pulled out the most beautiful ring I have ever seen in my life!! It was amazing.. and I am so blessed.. I will put more pics up soon, all I have for now, is a cheesy pic that I took for my sister :)

10 comments:

Nyla said...

Congrats! I got goode bumps reading this! He put so much thought into it...and his dad wrote you a poem...how sweet and special! Congrats!

Alaina said...

I am so excited for you guys! Marriage is the most amazing adventure ever! Congrats!!

Rachel said...

woo hoo! I am SOOO happy for you... I woke up this morning and yelled "I am so happy they are finally engaged!" I am so happy to share in your excitement! Love you girl!

Naomi said...

COngrats to both of you, now you can plan a wedding not just look at wedding books!

Jillian said...

Oh thats so sweet! Congrats sweetie!

Unknown said...

You two are super cute. I know God has blessed both of you with each other, and will continue to for the rest of your days. Congrats.

Shan said...

Yeahhhhhh! I have to tell you that Ashley and Amber screamed in unison when they got the text from Karyn! It was cute - they are very happy for you and looooove Sean! Congratulations - I will be praying for you during the fun planning stages :)

Crysti & Jerome said...

Yay!! Congrats!! Can't wait help you celebrate your life as a married couple.

Joyful Weddings and Events said...

woo~hoo! So cute! Way to go Sean!

Cathi Hamen said...

it was soooooo fun to see you at church right after!! i am soo happy for you both!!! congrats and enjoy the engagement process.. its ALL fun!