Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Creative Bug

I have the creative bug.. there is only one problem... I am not a creative person.

You all have sweet projects of something sewn, glued, gelled, crafted, or cut... I am always in awe of your super-cool skills :)

I saw some cute fall decorations on Courtney's site

I constantly see baby outfits that are soooo sweet on Rachel's blog

Melissa has some decorated gourds and pumpkins

Shannon is doing amazing flower decor

the list goes on and on... (please don't feel bad if I didn't put your project up... I promise, I look at all of them and every one spires my creative thinking!)

Anyone want to help inspire my craftiness?? And when I say inspire, I really mean give me a project that has step by step directions with pop up pictures and be prepared to answer your phone every 5 minutes for my questions on how to "exactly put that glitter in the right spot" :)

I am more the type who just copies someone else's ideas... and doesn't even do that good of a job... ::sigh::

7 comments:

Nyla said...

Hi Suzy! Fun running into you at dinner last night!

I am so the same as you! I always copy other people's ideas. I can't even do a scrap book page without an idea from soneone else!

I actually felt a little excitement reading this post! I am not alone! :)

MelliB said...

Let's have a "creative bug" night! You let me know when you're free and we'll make something together! (step by step) ;)

Melissa said...

Sorry, no help here, but also wanted to say I can totally relate. There is hope, though, because I think I'm getting better at copying other people's great ideas!

Cathi Hamen said...

no idea is a complete original!!
just find something you love and make it your own style and viola its YOU and creative!
Take a stroll thru Michaels and you will be inspired!!

Rachel said...

well sweetie... thank you for mentioning me!!! I can hardly wait to help you be creative.... I feel a halloween costume coming on soon :)

Shan said...

Sooo update us on your bug!!!!

Vesper said...

Suz -- You are one of the most creative people I know! Think about the fact that you are so musically inclined, that you picked up sewing and quilting with no problem. The only thing I have really is my writing. Do you think I have time to write books about everyone in the family? Hahaha. Give me a call if you want to vent :)