Thursday, October 2, 2008

Aww, I thought I was hiding it!

My wedding photographer told me today that she thought that I needed cheering up. She said that when she last talked to me, I sounded so sad (Sean left for a fire on Sunday morning, after only being back from his last fire for 4 days).

I felt bad. I don't want people thinking I'm this weepy person as soon as Sean leaves! I actually fall to pieces as soon as he gets back. :)

I am sad of course when he is gone, but, as Sean reminds me every nighton the phone, this is only temporary, and I need to be strong. I pray every day and night for God to give me strenght and for my joy NOT to come from Sean being home, but from Jesus and all that he has done for me in my life and the life of the ones that I love.

If you ever see me in this sad state of emotional patheticness, please kick me in the teeth (well... kinda). People keep telling me that this is suppose to be the happiest of times. I am trying, I really am!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

aww... honey... last time I saw you I thought you were doing great! I love you! Have a great day and let's go out soon! oh and yes we are still on for Saturday! I am so excited!!! I called L and she still isn't sure. but we will find out soon!

Cathi Hamen said...

that would be hard to watch him come and go to and from danger as well... imagine doing it without faith in our Amazing God!! You are in my prayers, both of you as you transition from dating to newlyweds! lots to look forward to!