Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Psalm 119: 89-91

I have had so many friends tell me that they are Christians and then also tell me that they don't have to obey God's word on some certain issues. The most common one being saving yourself for marriage.

They tell me that the Bible was written sOoOoO long ago and that not all of it applies to "here and now".

So there I was sitting in church. Listening to an awesome message by Pastor Steve (Calvary Chapel Foothill Ranch) when he brought up Psalm 119: 89-91 (we are currently in the book of Exodus).

The next time someone feeds me the excuse that God didn't mean to apply the whole Bible to our present time I am going to tell them to go read Psalm 119: 89-91

God's Word doesn't change. His messages, principals, and commandments all still aply. I am so thankful for that along with his unchanging laws, his faithfulness also lasts through the generations. So that when I break his commandments I know that his love will always wash my sin away.

How awesome.

3 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

good for you!! its so easy for people to take God's word asa salad bar and take what fits them at the moment. So Sad! It is so comforting to know in this crazy mixed up world our Heavenly is the same yesterday today and tomorrow!

Ashley said...

Sooo true. I have just been having this conversation with way to many people. It is so frustrating to see people dead serious tell you that the bible doesn't say that, then you show them, they they say, oh it doesn't really mean THAT... *sigh

Stay strong girl, I know its hard, but you can make it!!!

Crysti & Jerome said...

Sad but true. Our culture doesn't believe in troubling ourselves to do something that we don't want to do. And when we're blatantly told by the Bible not to do something a quick justification comes to mind to allow that certain something that we want to do...
It's encouraging to hear from other Christians that believe that the whole of the Bible is Truth (with a capital T) and don't push aside the parts of it that they don't like!
Trust me, you'll be glad that God created that rule. My best friend recently told me that she wishes she had waited. It just goes to show how much heartache and sorrow we are spared when we do what God has commanded us to do. He truly does ALWAYS have our best interest in mind.
**Encouragement: keep living your life for Christ and He will use you as an example of His love! Your "Christian" friends will see Him through you and your obedience to Him.